Saturday, January 7, 2012

Thoughts on "Don't Carpe Diem"

http://momastery.com/blog/2012/01/04/2011-lesson-2-dont-carpe-diem/

This blog was posted by a few friends today on facebook and I loved it. I absolutely love her "what I will say as an old woman" quote as well.
What always comes to mind for me is the thought that once this is over, once my children are grown and I'm alone with my husband, should I no longer seize the day? Will I forever live in a space of missing my small children and wanting to be in the constant race from breakfast to homeschooling to lunch to nap time to more school work then snack, squeeze in some play, then sigh when Daddy gets home (only for a minute) because we've got an hour until we have to be out the door again....seriously?
Don't get me wrong, I am incredibly, beyond words, thankful that I have the opportunity to stay home with my children, nurture them and educate them, and make sure they are exposed to a handful of amazing extracurricular activities. Kairos moments occur daily in this house and they take my breath away, choke me up, and make my heart ache for them to never end. But...won't that happen, at least occasionally, when I'm sitting with my husband, thinking in that Kairos time frame, about how far we've come, the odds we've beat, the chance of a lifetime that I met him and actually followed through to marrying him....then staying married to him?!? I dream of the day when we'll relive some of our parenting moments as grandparents then wave goodbye to go to sleep in our quiet house while our daughters mother those sweet blessings. Dream.of.it....when I'm able to sleep that is ;) Because I really hope that Bradley and I will continue to be busy together. Busy doing activities we enjoy, spending time with mutual friends, and having adventures that aren't feasible with small children at home. I'm excited to be free-er to do spontaneous dates with girlfriends and with Bradley. To help out other people at a moments' notice because I'm not worrying about nap time or whether or not one of my kids will destroy the other person's home while we're visiting!
Keep in mind, I'm writing this at 9 p.m. on the 2nd night my husband has been away and I'm straight pooped. Plain worn out. Might even be in bed before 10 kind of tired. I love him and I miss him and I want him to come home.
On that note, I'll kiss my girls on their sweet sleeping heads before I flop in to bed and dream about the future tonight. Carpe posterus. Seize the future.

3 comments:

  1. Perfection Jenn! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words from the heart of a loving parent - what Christian maturity I see in you! I am so proud of who you are and where you are growing. It's such a blessing to me to witness your love to the children as you nurture and mother them daily (and nightly!). My prayers will be thanking God tonight for his gift of you, Brad, and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn your words seem so full of God. I see God in your words and in your life and it is amazing. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete